It’s a new year and the perfect time to start implementing new tactics to increase employee satisfaction and retention. Vicki Hess, author and Top 5 Healthcare Speaker, shares 18 simple things to do to improve employee engagement in your organization:
- Choose to be the Chief Paradise Officer (CPO) of your job.
- Encourage others to join you.
- Look at your beliefs about whose job it is to make you happy at work.
- Say “Thank You” and mean it!
- Help others grow & develop & shine.
- Be honest – have challenging conversations.
- Recognize your own true value at work.
- Smile even when you don’t feel like it.
- Create “gratitude triggers” and practice gratitude everyday.
- Forge positive connections with others.
- Offer to help someone.
- Communicate clearly and without ulterior motives.
- Assume positive intent of others until proven otherwise.
- Don’t take things personally.
- Lighten up and laugh!
- When you don’t know the ending to a story – write a happy one.
- If you mess up - learn something & let it go.
- When you complete a task...write it down so you can check it off. It feels good!
Using these simple tips with Nobl Health's rounding technology will have a high impact on employee engagement in your organization. Alliance™ enables leaders to have consistent and meaningful interactions with staff to improve satisfaction, retention, and job engagement. Whether it's once per month or once per quarter, managers are able to go through a series of questions with staff, specifically designed to uncover their concerns and challenges.